The Concord of Ashes
(modified from the Strategy ability in Libellus Sanguinis I: Masters of the State, p. 95)
You have acquired a solid grasp of military science, such as it exists in the Dark Medieval era. Whether this is through direct understanding, extensive training or even a rare opportunity to read the histories of the great generals of antiquity is a matter of individual experience. You are familiar with the techniques of training, equipping and leading groups of armed men. Your knowledge includes both small unit tactics and the grand strategy of massed, full-scale battle. You also have a solid understanding of logistics, including quarter-mastering supply, marching armies and camping or billeting of men. You know how best to deploy your forces, cut off supply lines and capture vital territory.
- Level One- Novice: You know in which direction to charge, when to press the attack, and when to run for your life.
- Level Two- Practiced: You can hold a battle line, and see which way a massed battle is going. You also have a vague understanding of how much an army marches on its belly.
- Level Three- Competent: You could direct a small battle effectively, and have a very solid grasp of the logistical nightmare involved in running an army.
- Level Four- Expert: You have a deep understanding of siegecraft, strategy, open battle of all kinds, and logistics. Your skills are much sought after by both the living and undead.
- Level Five- Master: Warriors flock to your banner. If you are mortal, tales of the battles you direct will be spoken of long after you are dead; if you are undead, other Cainites will seek you out to learn.
- Level Six- Legendary: You are one of the greatest generals of any age. If you were allowed to continue your mortal existence, you might have eventually conquered the known world. Tales of your victories might have been told alongside those of Alexander, Caeser, Charlemagne… or Genghis Khan.
Possessed By: Free Company Captains, Knights, Sergeants-at-arms, Nobles, Mercenaries and Bandits.
Specialties: Logistics, Strategy, Mass Combat, Skirmishing, Irregular Warfare